Addicted to Pain Wresting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Entrances
All of the Entrance will go here
Similar topics

That's what I call success

Go down

That's what I call success Empty That's what I call success

Post  The Truth Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Chris Schulz is caught backstage, wandering around, having a look at his new environment. He has a smile on his face, seems pretty relaxed. he goes here and there, is curious about this and that and more than once sticks his nose in the work the staff is doing there. Of course he has noticed the camera - but he takes his time to react.

Schulz: So, you found me, huh? I'm not surprised. Lately, many people want to see me. Why, you ask? Succesful debut, I say.

He walks on, the camera following him around. He enters the arena, which is completely empty, besides the workers, of course. The ring is still under construction.

Schulz: When you're succesful, people ask, why you are. What is the secret behind an achievement? It's hard work. Look around... the show brought to you twice a week is the result of hard work. The ring, the arena, the effects, logistics - all hard work. But not only that. Each and every one of us guys is a maniac. It's not just about being brave enough to risk your health every other night. It's more about the amount of effort you're willing to invest. You invest big, you earn big. This is not Wall Street. You can't win with a tiny bet - but still, you can crash hard.

One of the workers raises his head, shakes it and obviously ask himself, what The Truth is talking about.

Schulz: Many of you may ask yourself, what am I talking about. Well, in this business, talent is what you start with. Practice and exercise is what takes you where you belong. You saw me locking Maverick not less than three times in my favorite submission hold - the Ultimate Aloha. This is what practice enables you to do. It's a hold, that I can apply numerous times. Christ, even with my eyes closed, I can lock any oponent like this. And with every time I use the hold, the more vicious it becomes.

He keeps on roaming the arena. For most of the guys it seems to be a routine what they're doing.

Schulz: See, everyone gets better with practice. The workers here know their skills, know what to do. They're clicking, they function, just like a machine. That's the way us wrestlers work, just with one exception - our way of thinking has to develop. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking down on any of those guys or you behind the screens. I'm just a regular joe. But, I know that there's one thing that I can do better than 99 % of the entire mankind and that's wrestling. I am where I am, because I worked hard, because I work hard - and because I do not rely on my achievements. So, what is success to me? It's not a snapshot, nothing you achieve and then leave behind. It's something you keep working on, you never rely on.

Schulz sits down on a seat in the front row. He spreads his arms and smiles towards the camera.

Schulz: A single win means nothing. Just as a single moment they cheer for you means nothing. I'm addicted to this, to adrenaline and to the support of you people. And so I will do my very best, to keep you satisfied, to entertain you. That's what I'll do tonight - that's what I'll do every night.

The Truth

Back to top Go down