Addicted to Pain Wresting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Entrances
All of the Entrance will go here

Tips for New RPers!

3 posters

Go down

Tips for New RPers! Empty Tips for New RPers!

Post  Mattskee Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 am

I've decided to make a "Tips for New Rper's" post, since we've been getting so many lately. Hopefully Neli can sticky this so a new RPer can transition into the fun a little more smoothly.

Just a bit of background on myself, first. I've been in and out of RP wrestling leagues for 10 years, since I was 14, which I imagine makes me one of the oldest people here Razz. I don't mind that, though. Even though I've gotten alot busier in life over the years and I can't spend as much time as I'd like in RP feds, I still try to play. Thats why I love TWG. It's fairly simple when it comes to RPing. I don't have to write out full matches, and one RP a week usually works.. Over the years I've ran 3 "Pure RP" federations myself, and have been the champ of MANY federations. In high school I would be running 6 to 8 different wrestlers at a time. Now I only have Matt here. Razz

Anyways, onto the meat. Tips for new RPer's.

I understand you're gonna wanna just hop right in the pool, but check out these tips, and it'll help you be successful in an RP fed.

1. Probably the most important rule is that if you're gonna use someone elses character you have to get that persons permission, or at the very least, make sure the character does something that is, well, in character for them. For example, if wrestler A has a hot female manager wrestler B should never make that manager do something like kiss him, or go on a date with him, without wrestler A's permission. In the same vein, never beat someone elses character up without their permission. This is called God-Modding and its very much looked down upon. This also goes for things as simple as in-ring arguments. Never assume what another wrestler would say. You can -usually- get away with giving the other person one liners like "yes", "no", or "so and so nods their head", but you should never say anything of significance for someone else, or include their wrestler in an RP without their permission. This is a very big rule, I have seen players quit federations because of this.

2. Work on formatting. These forums make it very easy to do. Italicize your actions, and bold and color dialogue. Make sure you're using correct colors for characters, all of Neli's NPC's (announcers, interviewers, etc.) have colors associated with them, and most wrestlers have special colors they like too. Presentation is half the battle.

3. Do not use internet shorthand. Spell out words like "you" and "are". Correct grammar is a huge plus as well. This makes your RP's much more legible and presentable.

4. Do not ask for matches or title shots. As a former GM for a few RP feds I can tell you, this is very annoying. In the past I let my annoyance get the best of me and didn't give guys title shots even when they deserved them because they did this. Just RP. Don't worry about titles or anything, they really don't mean a thing. The whole purpose of a fed is to create storylines, meet new people, and goof off. Do those things and you'll have fun and I guarantee, a title shot will come eventually. If you really, really want one, though, try to squirm yourself into a champs RP. Starting a feud with the champ is the second best way to getting a title shot. The best being RPing and having a GM see your effort and give you one, of course.

5. Most of all, have fun. Like I said, we're here to have fun, not to win matches. As long as you're enjoying yourself, your record or your current title status won't matter!

If this helps, or you have other tips you'd like to add, put them here and I'll add them to the list!
Mattskee
Mattskee

Back to top Go down

Tips for New RPers! Empty Re: Tips for New RPers!

Post  Underkane Sun May 10, 2009 5:36 am

if you are ever stuck for ideas when RPing think of recent storylines in real wrestling that you like and draw off of that, influence form out of TWG makes more realistic rp's and beter ones Very Happy

Underkane

Back to top Go down

Post  Superstar VGM Stealthy Sat May 16, 2009 5:06 am

And In Closing...If All Else Fails For You On Using These Tips...That Pretty Much Means YOU SUCK AND DON'T NEED TO RP!!!!...But In Any Case Just Have Fun! Cheers!
Your Champion Always....
Stealthy Twisted Evil
Superstar VGM Stealthy
Superstar VGM Stealthy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum